The Board clearly articulates the College’s purpose on behalf of the community through the Board’s Strategic Outcome statements. The Board delegates to the President the responsibility for developing and implementing a strategic plan designed to achieve the Board’s Strategic Outcomes.
The President, in performing this responsibility, shall interpret the Board’s Strategic Outcomes, and develop an inclusive and collaborative strategic planning process that identifies initiatives and resources needed for employees to achieve the Board’s Strategic Outcomes. The strategic plan shall support the College’s Mission, Values, and Vision and ensure College priorities are aligned with the achievement of the Board’s Strategic Outcomes. The strategic plan will include initiatives that are, in the President’s expertise, most likely to achieve the Board’s Strategic Outcomes within the parameters of the Board’s Executive Limitations policies. Strategic plan initiatives shall be established within the context of HLC requirements, best practices, and emerging trends.
The Board, in collaboration with the President, shall periodically monitor the College’s progress on achieving the strategic plan’s initiatives to strengthen the alignment between Board expectations and employee effort and improve institutional effectiveness. Additionally, the Board and President shall monitor changes in critical assumptions underpinning the strategic plan, which may prompt revisions to the strategic plan. The College’s strategic plan will be publicly available on the College’s webpage.
Furthermore, for the purpose of ensuring the Board’s Strategic Outcomes remain relevant for the Community, the Board, in collaboration with the President, shall engage in a comprehensive strategic plan development process that examines, refreshes, and/or confirms the College’s mission, vision, and values at least once every five years.
Accordingly, the President shall not fail to develop and implement a strategic plan that:
- Supports and aligns with the Board’s Strategic Outcomes.
- Is based on the College’s Mission, Values, and Vision statements.
- Allocates resources in alignment with the College’s Mission, Vision and the Board’s Strategic Outcome priorities.
- Links College processes for assessment of student learning, evaluation of operations, planning and budgeting.
- Is comprehensive and includes cycles of evaluation based on data.
- Considers the College’s current capacity including the availability of resources.
- Considers critical assumptions about the future, including without limitation, the possible impact of fluctuations in revenue sources, enrollment, the economy and federal, state and local support.
- Anticipates emerging factors, such as technology, demographic shifts, and globalization.
- Results from a collaborative development process that actively engages internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures continuous improvement of the plan’s effectiveness through a monitoring system that includes reports to the Board on the College’s progress towards realizing the plan’s KPAs and any changes in critical assumptions.
|Date of Change
|Description of Change
|Board of Trustees
|Minor grammatical edits; Added language to ensure mission, vision, value analysis
|Board of Trustees