Policy Type: Board- Executive Limitations
Related Policies: B2000, B2001, B2002, B2003
Linked Procedures: None
Related Laws: None
Related Standards: None
HLC Criterion: 1B3, 1C2, 1C3, 2A2, 3B3, 3C2, 3C3, 3C4, 3D
The President shall create and sustain an environment that supports the achievement of the Board’s Strategic Outcomes. As such, the President shall create a climate where students feel safe and believe they are treated in a respectful, ethical, and equitable manner.
Without limiting the scope of the above statement by the following list, the President shall not:
- Permit students to be without reasonable protections against hazards or conditions that might threaten their health, safety or well-being.
- Allow students to be without current, enforced policies that minimize the potential for exposure to harassment, provide remedy for harassment situations, and provide methods for dealing with individuals who harass.
- Permit violation of student confidentiality and privacy, except where specific disclosure is required by legislation or regulation.
- Use forms or procedures that elicit information for which there is no clear necessity.
- Use methods of collecting, reviewing, storing, or transmitting student information that inadequately protect against improper access to personal information.
- Permit admission, registration, evaluation, or recognition processes that treat students unfairly.
- Permit unfair, inconsistent or untimely handling of student complaints.
- Permit students to be without a process for registering a complaint or concern, including an appeal process, or to be uninformed of the process.
- Permit students to be uninformed of student rights and responsibilities, including expectations for student behavior, and the consequences of failure to adhere to the expectations.
- Retaliate against any student for non-disruptive expression of dissent.
- Permit decisions affecting students to be implemented without appropriate notification to students.
- Fail to periodically monitor student perception of their relationship to the institution and provide the Board with a summary of the results.
|Date of Change
|Description of Change
|Board of Trustees
|Minor grammatical edits; Added monitoring expectations
|Board of Trustees