The Board values the distinction between policy governance and the administration and operation of the College. To ensure successful pursuit of the Board’s Strategic Outcome policies, the Board delegates, through the “B2001 Delegation to the President” policy, broad authority to the President to administer and operate the College.
However, to maintain effective oversight and provide guidance to the President on activities and decisions within the President’s delegated authority, the Board establishes restrictions (i.e. Executive Limitations) on the President’s authority to administer and operate the College.
Accordingly, the President shall not:
- Engage with students, employees, or persons from the community in an inhumane, unfair, undignified, or unethical manner.
- Fail to demonstrate professional foresight or permit conditions which jeopardize the financial sustainability of the College.
- Fail to demonstrate professional foresight or permit conditions which compromise the Board’s Strategic Outcome priorities.
- Fail to demonstrate professional foresight or permit conditions which compromise the College’s Higher Learning Commission Accreditation.
- Fail to demonstrate professional foresight or permit conditions which compromise the safety and security of the College.
- Provide information and advice to the Board, which is untimely, incomplete, misleading, or inaccurate.
- Permit conflict of interest in awarding purchases or other contracts or hiring of employees.
- Allow College operations to impede the pursuit of Strategic Outcome policies.
- Manage the College without adequate policies, rules, guidelines, and procedures for matters involving business and support services, human resources, academic affairs, and student services.
- Allow any practice, activity, decision, or organizational circumstance, which is illegal, imprudent, violates commonly accepted professional ethics, or is inconsistent with any College policy.
- Demonstrate personal behavior that negatively impacts the College’s public image or credibility.
|Date of Change||Description of Change||Governance Unit|
|03-07-22||Initial Adoption||Board of Trustees|