Committee Name: Cultural Awareness Team
Committee Type: Administrative – Hybrid
Mission/Purpose: The Cultural Awareness Team (CAT) will serve as the major planning and policy-making body for the College’s cultural improvement activities. The CAT is responsible for creating equitable and inclusive policies for employee retention. Further, the CAT will provide recommendations to the College’s other governance councils and administrative teams on climate and culture improvement opportunities.
Scope of Responsibility: The CAT shall:
- Integrate elements of diversity, equity, and inclusion into all administrative policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure they promote equity and inclusion. (Goal 3.1)
- Make recommendations to the DEI Council regarding strategic initiatives and events aimed at improving equity and inclusion throughout the College.
- Develop and monitor implementation of DEI and human resource strategic plan initiatives.
- Share best practices, and seek innovative approaches to strengthen workforce and marketplace inclusion and diversity.
- Increase awareness of diversity, equity, and inclusion through multicultural activities in classrooms and throughout camps. (Goal 3.1.C)
- Develop employee engagement survey and distribute through Executive Director of IE.
- Set a goal for 10% increase in employee satisfaction. (Goal 3.1.E)
- Develop events that promote inclusive employee interaction (Goal 3.5.E)
Policy Responsibility: Human Resources (A4xxx); Compensation, Benefits, Rewards, and Recognition (A42xx); Ethics & Conduct (A45xx); and, Safety & Wellness (A49xx). Reporting: The CAT reports to the Executive Director of Human Resources. The Executive Director will consider all recommendations made by the CAT and endorse those that are informed by best practice and compliant with applicable law. All endorsed recommendations will be sent to the DEI Council and then to Executive Council for final approval.
Composition: Faculty (4), Staff (3), Administration (3), Center Coordinator (1)
Meeting Dates: Second Wednesday of the month from 2:00p – 4:00p