- Orientation Letter for 2022-2023 Semester
- Estimated Cost of the CNA Program
- Health Care Worker Background Check Form
- Illinois Nurse Aide Testing
This program is designed to teach and train the student to function as an integral part of a health care team, under the direction of a registered or licensed nurse, in nursing homes or home health care settings. Upon satisfactory completion of the program, the student will be eligible to take the State of Illinois Nurse Aide Competency test.
Upon successful completion of the program, students are required to pass the Illinois Department of Public Health’s Certified Nursing Assistant Examination for employment in this field of study.
- AGE: Be at least 16 years of age.
- ENTRANCE TEST: Placement test score equivalent to ENG 047 or higher.
- BACKGROUND CHECK: A fingerprint background check must be initiated prior to starting class. A 2-step PPD test for TB must be completed prior to clinical.
|*CNA 120||Basic Nurse Assistant Training Program||7|
|CPR 120||CPR for Healthcare Providers||0.5|
|*This course is mandatory for working in long-term care facilities.
90 hours - theory
40 hours - clinic (will be held off-campus)
Possible Career Opportunities
- Certified Medication Aide
- Certified Nurse Aide
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Geriatric Nursing Assistant
- Licensed Nursing Assistant
- Nurses’ Aide, Nursing Aide
- Nursing Assistant
- State Tested Nursing Assistant