Spring & Fall Semesters
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Monday – Thursday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- On Campus: Bring your Student ID card and class schedule to the SCC Bookstore.
- By Email: email@example.com
- By Phone: Call (618) 634-3218
Please include the following information in your e-mail, or be ready to provide the following when ordering by telephone:
- Course title and Section number
- Book Title and ISBN number
- Method of Payment
- Shipping address
- Indicate whether you want a new or used book
Orders will be shipped out the following business day and are subject to an $18 shipping fee.
Conditions of Refunds
Textbook purchases are eligible for a full refund at the beginning of the semester, with a receipt only. Timeline for refunds is based on course length, and follow tuition refund policies.
- 12-16 Week Courses: within the first 10 instructional days.
- 8-11 Week Courses: within the first 5 instructional days.
- 3-7 Week Courses: 1 day following 1st instructional day.
- Less Than 3 Week Courses: prior to the 1st instructional day.
- No refunds will be given on opened sets of shrink-wrapped, warning labeled materials, or those containing software and/or codes that have been used.
- New books being returned will be evaluated by condition.
- Used books are sold in “as is” condition.
- Questionable books/returns decisions will be made at the Bookstore manager’s discretion.
General merchandise and reference materials are only eligible for returns within seven days, with a receipt.
Consumables are not covered by any type of SCC Scholarship, Waiver, High Honors Escrow, etc. However, they are covered by Financial Aid. These are books or supplements required for the course that are not able to be brought back once used for refund or buyback.
Buybacks are conducted at the end of each semester during the week of finals.
The Bookstore will buy back books at the fair market value price to the point where appropriate inventory levels are met. After the Bookstore meets its anticipated needs, books may be purchased by a used book distributor at a wholesale price.
Book condition is a factor for both bookstore and wholesale buybacks.
Students need to bring their IDs to sell their books.
Scholarship books are also due back at this time.
Contact for More Information
Bookstore Manager – 1-800-481-2242 ext. 3218
The Shawnee Community College Bookstore is institutionally owned and operated.
The Bookstore’s primary function is to distribute new and used textbooks and academic supplies to students.