Website Shawnee Community College
Public two-year comprehensive community college
In adding to the Executive Support Staff, under the direction of the College President, individual must use significant judgment in decision-making; and perform a wide variety of specialized administrative support functions of the assigned office. Supports a wide range of complex programs, projects, and operations in which contacts must be tactfully handled. Acts as the primary point person for the assigned office for both internal and external contacts. Coordinate special events and clerical activities for the Foundation and President (as delegated). Individual should be able to work flexible hours as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties as assigned.
· Serve as confidential administrative support; screen incoming calls; greet and direct visitors, employees, and the public. Perform a wide variety of difficult and complex administrative, operational, and secretarial duties requiring careful consideration, coordination, and direction. Compose routine letters, memoranda and correspondence as assigned.
· Promote and maintain positive and professional staff relations; communicate information in person or by telephone where sound judgment and interpretation of policies and regulations are necessary; maintain good public relations with the community.
· Provides critical Team support for the Executive Office by scheduling, organizing, and managing the day-to-day activities of the assigned office; assure efficient and effective office operations; determine appropriate priorities and refer issues accordingly.
· Perform various clerical duties; review incoming mail; compose replies for signature as appropriate; assure timely preparation and maintenance of appropriate reports, statistics, and documentation; compose a variety of correspondence, memoranda, reports, and other materials. Schedule appointments, arrange meetings, conferences and travel as assigned.
· Arrange, schedule, prepare agendas, and assemble agenda materials for a variety of meetings. Record and transcribe minutes and notes.
· Assist in the development of Board packets and agenda items; advise on procedures to be followed; create and/or collect supporting material; verify data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with established procedures.
· Operate a computer; use word processing, spreadsheet, data base applications, and presentation suites to prepare a variety of correspondence, memoranda, reports, and other materials.
· Maintain confidentiality regarding exposure to highly sensitive executive conversations, phone messages, documents, correspondence and any other form of communication.
· For the Foundation, serves critical role in managing and maintaining all donor and alumni records electronically in a confidential manner, including, receipting, thank you letters and pledge reminders.
· For the Foundation, provides support in the electronic recording, maintenance and processing of Foundation Scholarships, Grants and all official records.
· Assist with the planning and execution of College and Foundation events as assigned by the President.
· Serve as a Freedom of Information Act Officer for Shawnee Community College.
Education and/or Experience
Required: Minimum requirement is an Associate’s Degree, with Bachelor’s preferred, or any combination of training and experience equivalent to core coursework and related technologies and five years of increasingly responsible experience in an educational or corporate setting with a minimum of one-year lead and/or supervisory experience, preferred. Keyboard at 60NWPM
Exceptional oral and written communication skills; must have excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and Acrobat; experience using CRM software; strong telephone skills; experience and ability to work effectively with the public in highly stressful situations; ability to prioritize job responsibilities; strong knowledge of modern office practices and procedures; ability to make sound decisions in accordance with college policy, rules, regulations, and departmental policies; and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, students, and with the public.
Writing: Ability to prepare business communications, summaries, and reports, using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, and style.
Reading: Ability to read and understand mail addresses, business communications, newsletters, procedural manuals, dictionaries, and thesauruses.
Speaking: Ability to participate in team discussions and committee meetings. Ability to communicate over the telephone, giving appropriate responses and using a well-modulated voice and understandable English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. Lifting items up to 20 pounds in weight.
Repetitive Motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Salary: $34,000 – $39,000