Website Shawnee Community College
Public two-year comprehensive community college
Perform high-level clerical work including organizing, scheduling, coordinating, researching, compiling, exchanging, and sometimes analyzing information for the Dean of Transfer & Adult Ed. Assists the Dean in implementing office activities and facilitating internal and external communications. Responsible for event planning for the Dean’s office, and sending dual credit agreements and other correspondence to district high schools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills and be able to balance multiple projects simultaneously to assist the Dean with related duties.
· Assist the Dean with calendar invites/events and schedule appointments, as needed.
· Responsible for arranging meetings for the Dean, prepare agendas, reserve and prepare facilities for meetings, and record and transcribe meeting minutes.
· Must be highly organized and able to maintain a shared electronic filing system using Google Drive and other databases.
· Assist the Dean with event planning. This includes, but is not limited to, creating event programs, reserving facilities, working with a caterer, sending invitations, management of event and assignments, etc.
· Assist the Dean with dual credit activities, dual credit agreements, and correspondence with high schools.
· Responsible for sending Dual Credit Contracts to the high schools and maintaining all Dual Credit lists.
· Work hours are Monday – Friday 7:45 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. May require occasional evening or weekend work for special events.
· Perform other related duties which may be required by the Dean of Transfer & Adult Ed. Related duties as required are duties that may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but that are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s class of work.
Assists with supervision of student worker if one is employed in the Dean’s Office.
Associate degree from an accredited institution in office administration or related field. Four years of work experience in the secretarial field.
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Adobe Professional, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Gmail, and Zoom.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily in an office/school environment.
SALARY $31,750 – $36,600