Website Shawnee Community College
Public two-year comprehensive community college
Health Information Technology Instructor (Part-Time Online)
Instructs classes in the pre-approved delivery formats and follows College-approved course syllabi.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Fulfill the Health Information Technology programs teaching schedules as determined by the Vice President of Academic Affairs, Dean of Allied Health and Nursing, Department Chairperson, and faculty.
2. Provide full course content and delivery for asynchronous online classes.
3. Use a variety of methods and teaching strategies that reflect the different learning styles and needs of students.
4. Assist students in meeting their educational goals, academic needs, or solving problems, seeking additional help from other college services when necessary.
5. Complete and submit grades and other course related reports in a timely manner into all applicable college-wide internal support systems (i.e., Moodle, Colleague, etc.).
6. In cooperation with other instructors, prepare or revise discipline-specific course syllabi for courses offered and submit to the ad hoc Syllabus Review Committee for review. New course syllabi will then be submitted to the Curriculum and Instruction Committee for approval.
7. In cooperation with other instructors, prepare or revise discipline-specific online courses as needed and submit to the Director of Learning Resources for review.
8. In cooperation with other instructors, prepare textbook recommendations and submit to the Department Chairperson, Dean of Allied Health and Nursing, and Vice President of Academic Affairs for review.
9. Participate in all academic assessment processes, including, but not limited to, assisting in developing the department annual Continuous Quality Improvement plan, and make recommendations for program and/or course changes as well as supporting purchases.
10. Demonstrate commitment to the teaching/learning process by participating in professional development activities that enable faculty to maintain current perspectives, both those provided by the College and those that are industry-specific and self-identified.
11. Have demonstrable skills and abilities for online professional activities, both teaching and professional development.
12. Cooperatively work with other service-industry professionals to develop non-credit bearing professional development training opportunities.
13. Other duties may be assigned.
To successfully perform this job, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A minimum of an Associate of Applied Science degree in a Health Information Technology field is required.
Possession of a discipline-specific certificate and a Bachelor’s degree are preferred.
A minimum of 2000 verifiable hours of experience as a Medical Biller, Coder, and/or Office Assistant is required.
Successful teaching experience in a community college setting is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some lifting, reaching, bending and stooping.
Lifting: Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs.
The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.