Shawnee Community College
The Head Volleyball Coach reports to the Director of Athletics in the coordination of day-to-day aspects of the program (practice and game preparation, recruiting, fundraising, video breakdown, camps, community involvement, and other duties as assigned.)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitoring of student-athletes’ academic performance and athletic eligibility.
- Recruiting students to meet enrollment goals as determined annually by administration.
- Organization and planning of practice.
- Game day preparation and management.
- Assist with any administrative duties as assigned
- Maintaining appropriate and positive professional media relations.
- Responsible for knowing and complying with all rules & regulation of the NJCAA and Great Rivers Athletic Conference.
- Assuming other duties as assigned by the College and/or Athletic Director.
- May be required to work Shawnee Community College athletic camps and clinics if offered
- Follow all college policies and procedures.
- Bloodborne Pathogen training required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Required:
Associate’s degree to two years of college credit required.
Applicants must have a background in volleyball.
Applicant must have an appreciation for junior college athletics and demonstrate a sincere commitment to principles of academic / athletic integrity.
A valid driver’s license is required.
Successful head coaching and recruiting experience in collegiate volleyball.