Shawnee Community College
Receives and processes library materials; monitors periodicals; tracks overdue and lost library materials; and assists patrons at the circulation desk.
- Associate degree
- Proficient computer skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Create and sustain a supportive College culture that engages employees, recognizes diversity, ensures equity, promotes inclusion, and creates a sense of belonging by fostering an environment of teamwork, accountability, communication and vision.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow staff and patrons.
- Creates and maintains patron accounts in the Polaris library automation software program.
- Assists patrons in locating items and checking out items through the shared online catalog, including items in Shawnee College’s library and those from other libraries in the Illinois Heartland Library System. Participates in ongoing specialized training as needed for circulation activity.
- Instruct patrons in the use of online catalogs and basic database searching.
- Assists patrons in the use of computer lab and audiovisual equipment.
- Monitors library classroom usage.
- Answers phones, emails, and processes mail.
- Places, receives, and tracks out-of-system interlibrary loan requests, and prepares daily shipments for interlibrary loans. Participates in ongoing specialized training as needed for interlibrary loan activity.
- Monitors receipt of periodicals and logs new items into Polaris library automation software program.
- Prepares new materials for circulation, including property stamping, security stripping, call number application, and covering.
- Assists faculty with reserve item collections.
- Assists students with email, printing, and Moodle course management systems.
- Maintains office supply inventory and recorders as necessary, using proper requisition protocol.
- Monitors a list of overdue or missing items, issues overdue notices and follow-up letters, and tracks delinquent accounts.
- Assist the Librarian with the selection of print, non-print, and electronic resources as appropriate for the overall collection to meet learning needs and collection development goals, and monitor subject area collections by working with faculty.
- Perform other related duties which may be required by the Librarian (i.e. duties that may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but are generally within the occupational series and responsibility level associated with the employee’s class of work).
SKILLS & ABILITIES include the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
CUSTOMER SERVICE STATEMENT
Consistently performs duties with concern, courtesy, and respect for all persons in a prompt and timely manner. Must work cooperatively with students, employees, government agencies, and community members and be sensitive to issues of student and employee diversity. Consistently exhibits responsiveness to others in the organization at all levels and responds to requests for assistance from students, staff, and community members in a helpful and timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. Lifting items up to 25 pounds in weight.
Sitting for prolonged periods of time.
Work is primarily in an office/school environment. Noise levels usually are moderate.
SALARY: $15 per hour
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: Cover Letter, Resume, Official Transcript