Various benefit programs for U.S. Armed Forces veterans are available if the veteran meets the program requirements and has remaining eligibility for the program. Veterans should check with the Veteran’s Representative in the Financial Aid Services Office to determine their eligibility and complete the necessary application requirements.
Veteran’s Affairs Forms
The Shawnee Community College Veterans Club is an organization that provides members with meaningful interaction and activities with other veterans who have similar past experiences and current life situations, due to prior service in the military.
Active participation of all veteran students enrolled at Shawnee Community College is encouraged. There are several benefits for college veterans to actively participate and attend SCC Veterans Club meetings:
- Workshops, such as information regarding veteran educational benefit changes, and guest speakers geared toward helping college veterans transition into the college environment more smoothly.
- Helping veteran students regain a collective sense of camaraderie and “family” through the club meeting discussions and the various club activities.
- The opportunity for veteran students to share their veteran and current life experiences with other veterans.
- Giving back to their community by participating in various club activities.
- Gaining leadership experience by organizing fund-raising activities.
- The opportunity to help currently serving troops by organizing activities that promote and provide support.
- Access to the Veterans Resource Room, located just past the Main Campus Bookstore, provides an area for Veterans to study, utilize the internet, and access Veteran resources.