The Head Cheerleading Coach reports to the Director of Athletics in the coordination of day-to-day aspects of the program (practice and game preparation, recruiting, fundraising, video breakdown, camps, community involvement, and other duties as assigned.)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop a cheerleading program to include choreography, cheers, stunts & gymnastics
- Plan and coordinate all try-outs for the team including recruitment
- Monitoring of student-athletes’ academic performance and athletic eligibility.
- Schedule and attend try-outs and practices
- Maintain a calendar of practices and events including all home basketball games and applicable pep rallies and/or team tournaments.
- Maintain knowledge of, and uphold, all cheerleading rules and regulations (safety, etc)
- Manage cheerleading inventory and work with Athletic Director to order new supplies through appropriate SCC purchasing guidelines.
- Recruiting students to meet enrollment goals as determined annually by administration.
- Organization and planning of practice.
- Game day preparation and management.
- Assist with any administrative duties as assigned
- Maintaining appropriate and positive professional media relations.
- May be required to work Shawnee Community College athletic camps and clinics if offered.
- Follow all college policies and procedures.
- Bloodborne Pathogen training required.
- Associate’s degree or two years of college credit required.
- Applicants must have a background in cheerleading.
- Applicant must demonstrate a sincere commitment to principles of academic / athletic integrity.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Successful head coaching and recruiting experience in collegiate cheerleading.