The primary job responsibility is to serve as support staff for the Dean of Student Success and Services and the Enrollment Specialist team. This requires data entry of customer information, coordinating customer information packets, personalized letters, and assisting and/or directing customers either by phone or in person. Close attention to detail is mandatory in all aspects of this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Coordinate and direct customers to the Enrollment Specialists, or any appropriate office within the College
- Assist the Vice President of Student Success and Services, Dean of Student Success and Services, and the Enrollment Specialists in meeting the recruiting goals of the campus
- Provide information to callers or visitors
- Produce correspondences and prepare statistical reports
- Organize and maintain paper and electronic files
- Produce weekly and monthly enrollment reports in a timely manner
- Communicate on a regular basis with the enrollment management team
- Create accurate student records in Colleague
- Support outside recruiting efforts by sending and tracking correspondence and tracking lead flow
- Other duties as assigned
- Problem Solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; organize or schedule other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism: Approach others in a tactful manner; react well under pressure; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accept responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university or a minimum of 2 years full-time work-related experience required
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required
- Related office work experience is preferred
- Must be computer literate with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, and Colleague
- Must process excellent customer service, multi-line phone skills, and organizational skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Must possess the ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to multitask
- Must have the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. Lifting items up to 10 pounds in weight.
$32,500 – $34,500
Applying for Positions
A Shawnee Community College application for employment is required for all positions. Official transcripts, a letter of application, resume, copies of applicable certificates, and two (2) letters of reference must accompany the employment application.
Applications should be submitted by email to:
or by US mail:
Emily Forthman, Human Resource Director
Shawnee Community College
8364 Shawnee College Rd.
Ullin, IL 62992
For advertised and/or posted position announcements, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information, contact the Human Resource Office at (618) 634-3223.
The Human Resource Office at SCC is open between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, except for holidays.