The Administrative Assistant I/Accounts Payable reports directly to the Director of Business Services and is responsible for all areas of accounts payable and will serve as a backup for the Administrative Assistant I/Accounts Receivables/Bursar.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Complete purchase orders from requisitions, enter bills to be paid, and print checks.
- Ensure expense charges are in appropriate general ledger accounts.
- Prepare checks for employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Reimburses petty cash based on expense reports.
- Completes and files monthly sales tax report to Illinois Department of Revenue.
- Completes yearly 1099 forms.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents and keeping storage organized.
- Maintains W-9 and vendor application forms for all vendors and completes ICCB Business Enterprise Program reports.
- Manages fixed assets module by marking capital and inventory assets by keying in tags, serial numbers, location, steward and other pertinent information. Works in conjunction with IT to maintain inventory.
- Responsible for utility usage spreadsheet.
- Responsible for tracking copier usage and contracts.
- Responsible for vehicle usage reports.
Perform other duties which may be requested by the Director of Business Services or VP of Financial & Campus Operations. (related duties as required are duties that may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but that are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s class of work.)
Education and/or Experience
- Associate degree from an accredited institution or three years work experience in an office setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of accounts payables, AR.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Perform the four operations with like common and decimal fractions, compute ratio, rate, and percent.
- Ability to develop graphic portrayals of mathematical data.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. Lifting items up to 20 pounds in weight.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Work is primarily in an office/school environment. Noise levels usually are moderate.