To enroll in the Escrow Program, please consult your high school guidance counselor.
Shawnee Community College will accept students currently enrolled in high school that meet these guidelines:
- Be ranked in the upper 40% of his/her graduating class, be at least 16 years of age and be enrolled in a college preparatory curriculum.
- Have successfully completed three years of high school English prior to enrolling in an English course.
- Have successfully completed three years of high school math prior to enrolling in a math course.
- Have successfully completed the Next-Generation Accuplacer Test with the required score to enter ENG 111, transfer level math, or any other academic class and be performing on the required reading level.
- Submit a copy of his/her high school transcript along with the Student Information Form and Escrow Application signed by a high school official and a parent/guardian
- Eight semester hours of credit are the maximum number of hours a student can enroll in during any given semester.
- Students must maintain a Shawnee Community College GPA of 2.0 or above to continue in the Escrow Program.
Advanced Honors Program Admission
In addition to the regular escrow requirements, the student must also meet the following requirements:
- Fill out an application for the Advanced Honors Program.
- Be ranked in the upper 20% of his/her class (using all high school grades assigned up to the time of application).
- Have a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.25, based on the 4.0 scale.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative SCC GPA of 3.0, based on the 4.0 scale.
- The student’s schedule of SCC courses is officially approved each semester by the high school official and the SCC Registrar.
Honors Escrow students get a tuition/fee waiver and a book loan, making attending SCC virtually free.