To enroll in the Escrow Program, please consult your high school guidance counselor.
Shawnee Community College will accept students currently enrolled in high school that meet these requirements:
- Ranked in the upper 40% of his/her graduating class
- At least 16 years of age enrolled in a college preparatory curriculum
- Successfully completed three years of high school English prior to enrolling in an English course
- Successfully completed three years of high school math prior to enrolling in a math course
- Successfully completed the Next-Generation Accuplacer Test with the required score to enter ENG 111, transfer level math, or any other academic class and be performing on the required reading level
- Submitted a copy of his/her high school transcript along with the Student Information Form and Escrow Application signed by a high school official and a parent/guardian
Eight semester hours of credit are the maximum number of hours a student can enroll in during any given semester. Students must maintain an SCC GPA of 2.0 or above to continue in the Escrow Program.
Advanced Honors Program Admission
In addition to the regular escrow requirements, the student must also meet the following requirements:
- Fill out an application for the Advanced Honors Program
- Ranked in the upper 20% of his/her class (using all high school grades assigned up to the time of application)
- Have a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.25, based on the 4.0 scale
- Maintain a minimum cumulative SCC GPA of 3.0, based on the 4.0 scale
- Student’s schedule of SCC courses is officially approved each semester by a high school official and the SCC Registrar
Honors Escrow students get a tuition/fee waiver and a book loan, making attending SCC virtually free.