Policy Type: Board- Executive Limitations
Related Policies: B2000, B2001, B2002, B2003
Linked Procedures: None
Related Laws: None
Related Standards: None
HLC Criterion: 1C2, 1C3, 2A2, 3C, 5A, 5B
The President shall create and sustain an environment that supports the achievement of the Board’s Strategic Outcomes. As such, the President shall create a workplace environment where employees feel safe and believe they are treated in a respectful, ethical, and equitable manner.
Without limiting the scope of the above statement by the following list, the President shall not:
- Allow staff to be without current, enforced, written human resource policies that clarify expectations and working conditions, provide for effective handling of grievances, and protect against wrongful conditions.
- Permit staff to be without adequate protection from harassment and bias.
- Permit staff to be uninformed of the performance standards by which they will be assessed.
- Fail to take appropriate action when the President becomes aware of any violation of law, collective bargaining agreement, or any College policy.
- Retaliate against any staff member for non-disruptive expression of dissent.
- Allow staff to be unprepared to deal with emergency situations.
- Permit staff to be without reasonable opportunity for professional growth and development.
|Date of Change||Description of Change||Governance Unit|
|03-07-22||Initial Adoption||Board of Trustees|