Shawnee Community College is authorized to admit a limited number of non-immigrant alien students with the following guidelines:
- Have completed the equivalent of a high school (secondary) education, which normally means the completion of 12 years of schooling, and the applicant is at least 18 years of age.
- Score of 520 or better on the paper-based TOEFL test, 190 on the computerized TOEFL test, or 68 on the internet-based TOEFL test.
- Apply for admission to SCC.
- Provide official transcripts covering all school work (high school and college) complete with English translations from an accredited third-party entity as approved by the Dean of Student Success and Services.
- Provide an affidavit of support stipulating that adequate finances are available for their study in the United
- Live within district #531.
- Complete an interview with the Dean of Student Success and Services.
Since no scholarships are available for International Students, it is crucial that students from outside the United States be able to cover their expenses while in this country.
International students are admitted based on available space in the selected programs of study.