SCC Commencement Scheduled for May 12th, Upcoming Academic Events Information
Shawnee Community College will hold Commencement for spring 2017 graduates on Friday, May 12th at 7:00pm in the Edward M. Smith Center located on SCC’s Main Campus in Ullin. The college will hold several ceremonies and graduations throughout the month of May. The following is the upcoming academic events at Shawnee Community College. All events are scheduled to take place at the college’s main campus in Ullin.
• Honor’s Night is scheduled for Friday, May 5th at 6:00pm in the Educational Center. Students participating will need to arrive by 5:45pm the day of the event.
• Commencement rehearsal is scheduled for Thursday, May 11th at 1:00pm in the Edward M. Smith Center. All graduates planning on attending Commencement are strongly encouraged to attend.
• ADN Pinning Ceremony is scheduled for Thursday, May 11th at 6:00pm in the Educational Center.
• Commencement is scheduled for Friday, May 12th at 7:00pm in the Edward M. Smith Center. Candidates need to arrive by 6:00pm dressed in their caps and gowns. Students or guests who require special accommodations should contact the office of the Vice President of Student and Administrative Services by calling Amanda Kirby at 618-634-3382.
Commencement will be live streamed on Shawnee Community College’s YouTube channel. Click here for the link.
The ICCTA Outstanding Faculty Member of the Year is Sheryl Ribbing of Anna, Illinois. The ICCTA Alumnus of the Year is Buddy Walls of Jackson, Missouri. The Business Partner of the Year is Shawnee Professional Services in Vienna, Illinois.
• Adult Education Recognition Ceremony is scheduled for Tuesday, May 16th at 6:00pm in the Educational Center.
For more information on Commencement or Honor’s Night at Shawnee Community College, please contact Amanda Kirby at 618-634-3382. For information on the ADN Pinning Ceremony, please contact Linda Brown at 618-634-3282 or Denise Griffith at 618-634-3277. For more information on the Adult Education Recognition Ceremony, please contact Ginger McBride at 618-634-3419.