The Director of the Vienna Extension Center is responsible for administering and supporting the activities/services of the extension center as per procedures and policies of Shawnee Community College under the direction of the Dean of Academic Affairs & Student Learning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To direct, supervise, and administer programs and activities at the Vienna Extension Center.
- Recommend the employment of adjunct faculty. Conduct evaluations of all adjuncts and staff.
- Develop class schedules, prepare the annual budget, and supervise the maintenance of equipment, facilities, and materials for the center
- Recruit, counsel, and advise students through the registration process.
- Perform outreach duties to the Correctional Centers at Vienna and Shawnee Correctional center.
- To assist with literacy program services in Johnson County as needed.
- Represent the college in local and state organizations and meetings, and maintain contacts with outside agencies as appropriate.
- To assist with public relation efforts within the service area and serve as a liaison between the college, local school districts, and the community education center partners.
- To maintain appropriate records and complete all required reports for programs and activities at the extension centers.
- To assist students with academic, procedural, and logistical problems as needed.
- To work to maintain instructional quality and high standards in teaching and support service equal to those provided on the main campus.
- Assuring that the center is opened and closed each day.
The duties of the Director of Vienna Extension Center will require evening, night and weekend hours. Working a flexible schedule is required. All data entry necessary would be conducted by the Director as there will not be secretarial support staff. To perform other related duties which may be required by the Dean of Academic Affairs & Student Learning.
Full and Part-time extension center staff.
Education and/or Experience
- Master’s Degree in Higher Education Administration or related field.
- Experience in Higher Education, Office Management, Administration related budget monitoring, ability to assist and perform recruitment duties, advising and program completion tasks.
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural environment.
- Basic computer skills are essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Lifting items up to 20 pounds in weight.
Work is primarily in an office/school environment. Noise levels usually are moderate.
Review of applications will begin immediately and
continue until the position is filled. If you are selected as a finalist,
you will be notified by telephone. No further information
concerning the progress of the search will be available until a
decision has been reached. At that time,
applicants will be informed of the decision by letter.
All applicants must submit all of the credentials
below to the Human Resource Office in order for your application to be
- SCC Application Form
- Letter of Application
- Official Transcript(s) (sent to Shawnee Community College directly from college/university)
- Proof of Certification (if applicable)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
Submit above listed materials to:
Ms. Emily Forthman, Human Resources Director
Shawnee Community College
8364 Shawnee College Road
Ullin, IL 62992