The Director of the Cairo Extension Center is responsible for administering the activities/services of the extension center as per procedures and policies of Shawnee Community College under the direction of the Dean of Academic Affairs & Student Learning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct, supervise, and administer programs and activities at Cairo Extension Center.
- Recommend the employment of adjunct faculty. Conduct evaluations of all adjuncts and staff.
- Assist with the development of class schedules, monitor the budget, and supervise the maintenance of equipment, facilities, and materials for the center.
- Recruit, counsel, and advise students through the registration process, which is online and face-to-face.
- Assist with literacy program services in Alexander County.
- Maintain a high visibility in SCC’s communities by arranging, providing and coordinating presentations to local civic organizations, church groups and local agencies for enrollment purposes.
- Maintain appropriate records and complete all required reports for programs and activities at the extension center.
- Be able to communicate statistical facts regarding the college to prospective students.
- Assist students with academic, procedural, and logistical problems as needed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the academic degrees offered, vocational degrees and certificates, and the support services available to students.
- Maintain instructional quality and high standards in teaching and support service equal to those provided on the main campus.
- Assure that the center is opened, closed, and properly staffed each day.
- Follow all college policies and procedures.
- Serve on at least 2 college committees approved by the Dean of Academic Affairs and Student Learning.
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance. The duties of the Director of the Cairo Extension Center may require extensive evening and weekend hours. Working a flexible schedule is required. The schedule will be based on the needs of the center and pre-determined by the college.
- Perform other related duties which may be required by the Dean of Academic Affairs & Student Learning. Related duties as required are duties that may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but that are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s class of work.
Extension center staff, if applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Administration, Education, Business, Marketing, or related field.
- Previous recruiting and community outreach experience.
- Knowledge and experience in higher education administration.
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural environment.
- Master’s Degree required in Administration, Education, Business, Marketing, or related field.
- Experience in student assessment, partnership development, budget management, and community college operations.
- Exceptional leadership ability.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Work is primarily in an office/college environment. Noise levels are usually moderate. Must be physically able to operate a computer. Work is usually completed in a sedentary manner, but may require walking or standing for brief periods of time. Position may involve occasional bending, lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of objects up to 25lbs. pounds or less.
$50,900 – $66,500 based on education & experience
Review of applications will begin immediately and
continue until the position is filled. If you are selected as a finalist,
you will be notified by telephone. No further information
concerning the progress of the search will be available until a
decision has been reached. At that time,
applicants will be informed of the decision by letter.
All applicants must submit all of the credentials
below to the Human Resource Office in order for your application to be
- SCC Application Form
- Letter of Application
- Official Transcript(s) (sent to Shawnee Community College directly from college/university)
- Proof of Certification (if applicable)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
Submit above listed materials to:
Ms. Emily Forthman, Human Resources Director
Shawnee Community College
8364 Shawnee College Road
Ullin, IL 62992